Monday, August 8, 2011

Do you wish you would have exercised more or less when you were younger?

I played organized sports, mostly softball right up until I was 26 and stopped only because I was pregnant. After that I was in a gym 4-5 times a week, and had a NordicTrak in my basement for the days I couldn't make it to the gym. I remember doing Jane Fonda step aerobics in the family room with my 7 year-old daughter...she loved it and had her own little workout outfit to match mine. I continued this until about five years ago when a slipped disc, and subsequent spinal arthritis put an end to that. Now I can barely bend at the waist, but my doctor tells me that, thankfully, because of my healthy routines when I was younger...other than my back problems, which I can deal with...I'm healthy as a horse (whatever THAT means). At 53, she says my bones are as strong as someone half my age...the arthritis just doesn't allow for mobility. My heart..even with a prolapsed mitral valve is healthier than expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment